Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. KIPP Austin schools are uniquely designed to not only teach academics, but also help develop important character traits.
Enrollment Process & Lottery
- KIPP Austin schools are tuition-free, public schools that are open to all students.
- For the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Austin is accepting applications for Kindergarten through 12th grade. There are no academic or behavioral requirements for enrollment.
- Students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018, in order to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year. Enrollment applications must be received by February 19, 2018, to be included in our lottery.
- If we receive more applications than we have seats available, we will hold a lottery for the 2018-19 school year as required by law. Our lottery will take place on February 23, 2018.
- Students who apply after the lottery will be added to the waiting list in the order in which their application is received.
- NOTE: We do not offer Pre-Kinder for our families at the moment. You can submit your child’s information on our portal and we will send you information on our schools as early as 3 years old but we do not currently offer seats for kids younger than 5.
“KIPP is a good opportunity. It’s a commitment between parents, children and those that educate them. KIPP is for all.”
– Miriam Janett Iturbe, KIPP Austin Parent
Open House Info Sessions
We encourage you to attend an Open House Information Session to learn more about KIPP Austin and speak directly with our teachers and school leaders. Stay posted for upcoming dates.